Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tuesday Update

I've decided the 2nd day in the field is the hardest. We were all looking kind of beat this morning. By afternoon though, I think everyone was in their stride.

More of the same work today. Cleaning up yards, finishing house rebuilds, demolishing house trailers to make way for new houses. I have pictures coming of that process, but they aren't digital so I'll have to wait till I can scan the pics and post them if I can't find an alternative this week. The only injury so far was one nail in the arm and a trip for a tetanus shot.

If you are coming down, please have a booster shot if you haven't in the last 8 years. I said 10 previously and for this one it had been at 10 years...

I have some pictures from Paul of the fort at the Dauphin beach to share with you tonight. Need to get more people's pics, but they don't slow down enough. Most of the team is right now at Sonic getting icecream or at the beach enjoying nighttime there.




There are a log of homes here that weren't in great shape before the storm and were made completely unlivable after Katrina.


Her crew has been working repainting the "fireplugs" in town. This is the before...
...and the After



The best part of the day was Mr. Rosevelt's shrimp boil he calls trash in a can.

We had two of those large white coolers full of shrimp, corn, potatoes, and some awsome local sausage. The best I've ever had!

Well, I'm done for the night. I'll get you more tomorrow on our Bayou vacation getaway!

No comments: