Monday, June 18, 2007

Missions Presentation to Gracepoint Church


I had the massive pleasure today of speaking to the GracePoint Community Church congregation in Lewis Center (North of Columbus) on missions involvement and their personal walk. Thanks to Pastor Terry Lewis, Missions leader Melissa Ruble and the missions team for the opportunity to encourage the congregation to participate in missions to strengthen their faith and to offer opportunities to volunteer with Servants Unite. This was an excellent experience for both I and Pat Hazelet (Team 20) who came up to speak to people who stopped by the table.

The script, as I wrote it, not quite as I presented it, is in the next blog entry down. I'll flesh it out with links and references more over the next several days and hopefully have MP3s you can download from the audio recording. I welcome comments, and questions, either publicly to the blog or privately via my email. I'd love to present to your church too, so please check with your church leadership for open opportunities we can fill.

I am out of town all week with the Westerville Christian high school youth for Summer in the Son at Kentucky Christian University, Grayson, Kentucky. After a stressful and frantic week, preparing this lesson and other responsibilities I was blessed to end the day with a gymnasium sized worship venue and the David Crowder band leading. That was a great way to fill back up! I'm looking forward to a week of youth ministry and getting to know our kids better.

God bless all and may he continue to bless our work. Amen!

John McGuire

No comments: