Friday, September 07, 2007

Bucyrus Update from Linn

Hi Everyone!

Today we worked on consolidating, and getting things ready for Friday and Saturday. We are planning to have 10 jobs for tomorrow, and 7 jobs for Saturday. I have asked the Southern Baptist men if they would be willing to be crew leaders on Saturday for any new volunteers that may need some guidance. They are presenting it at a meeting tonight.

I believe we have 10 cases to do on Friday, and 7 more for Saturday. That does not include the ones the Southern Baptists have.

We are hoping that this will be the end of the clean up phase of this recovery process.The city will not pick up any more after the weekend.

There are still a few people who were able to deny any problems existed but have now been driven out of their homes by the stench today. Hopefully, there are no more people like this. We feel badly for these people and hope that you will continue to keep them in your prayers.

Tonight, I am thinking that we have enough volunteers for Saturday. If you are planning on bringing a crew, we will put you to work. I would like to know your group numbers so that I can be sure to have enough food ready for lunch on Saturday. Please remember to pick up your own respirators, or breathing masks. We do have some gloves. It would be helpful to bring your own tool kit, also.

Please- we still need volunteers to be thinking of ways that they can help. We will be doing painting and re-building in the very near future. JC Church and Deb Pinion are working with VOAD to begin case management, and start this next phase.

We appreciate the support that you have given us at Crawford Volunteer Flood Recovery Group. As your "founder", I deeply appreciate all of the help you have given to this effort. I do not have all of the details as to who or what the next group will be, where it will be headquartered, or even a phone number. However, I believe that our community leaders are working to make this an easy transition. More information will be coming to you soon.

Please stay in touch.

We will be here in this office through Tuesday, 9/11/07. Some of you donated the use of office furniture and supplies. Please come back in on Monday any time, and Tuesday morning to pick up what we have not used. It belongs to you, and we would like it to get back to you. Unfortunately, I do not have complete lists as to who gave what, so- I need you to come and get it yourselves. (Plus, Timken friends, there's NO way, I can move all of these desks back.)

Thanks to Ohio Mutual and Farmers Citizens also, I believe they were the primary donors of office supplies!

Ok, I will be taking tomorrow, Friday, off. I will be with my husband for his gall bladder surgery at BCH. Rachel Meade, is my right hand assistant here at HQ. Please direct inquiries to her and I will occasionally call in.

Thanks again for your prayers and support through this important work.

Linn Ash, Volunteer Coordinator

No comments: