Monday, September 01, 2008

Monday night update on our friends.

I've heard nothing from anyone in New Orleans. My cell showed a connection to Brendan's phone in Greensburg, LA, but just static on the line. Not sure if he heard me or not. Sent a text. That area has had a lot of tornadoes and strong storm bands all day. I'll put up a new post when I hear from him.

Talked to Daphne German in Bayou La Batre Alabama. The surge was not bad there. There was water and waves over the park we stayed in there last summer, but they could drive through it at noon today. She reports there is not much damage that far east.

Heavy storm bands went through the Mississippi coastal area between there and New Orleans. I expect if we are needed it'll be for chain saw crews to work in that area and north of New Orleans for a few weeks. As of now, just on the back side of the storm it appears that massive amounts of prayer have paid off.

No comments: