Wednesday, November 07, 2012

To loyal volunteers checking in about current response efforts, Servants Unite is dormant, but not dead. While disasters continue to happen, there has been little response from our community of volunteers in recent years to go and serve in these disasters or as a group within our communities as originally planned in our mission. When we had activity at the level we did following Katrina and our founding a nearly full time effort was warranted to build and promote trips, perform reconnaissance after events, and lead volunteers in remediation work to His glory. Since Hurricane Ike, however, there has been little for me to do in this regard and where I've tried to muster up support for organized response, nothing has come together. I've moved on to a new mission while leaving the door open on our relief efforts, maintaining the 501(c)3 non-profit corporation that is Servants Unite. I would welcome any of you who wish to advance that cause to contact me to move us forward. My phone number is still 614-404-8610 and my email is still john@servantsunite.org. This does not mean I don't still track relief efforts by other groups so if you would like guidance on efforts you can join or help putting some people together to work on a project, even to check in and say hi, I am at your disposal. To keep you informed on my life, I've moved from responding to disasters to preventing them. After 2 years at American Electric Power, I'm working for the Electric Power Research Institute (www.epri.com) managing projects to secure technology that is increasingly controlling the world-wide power grid. This has been nearly as consuming and rewarding as disaster relief and I'm blessed to not only work with amazing people like you from all over the world, but recover some of the financial sacrifices Servants Unite required of our family. I pray you are all surviving if not thriving in your endeavors in the fallen world we live in and that you find some time to show Jesus to the world in your way whenever possible. You have certainly been exemplary hands and feet in our work together. I'm proud to have been blessed by God to have been a part of His plan shoulder to shoulder with you. John McGuire Servants Unite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OT: Hey sports fans, i know this is a bit off topic, but yes Manny Pacquiao is retiring. Fortunately we can still see his training for previous fight with Tim Bradley at the Manny Pacquiao Official Youtube channel.