Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Status Update

I am so pleased God continues to let me work on this project. It is unbelievably fulfilling serving Him, all of you, and the storm victims we've been helping the last two years. Our successes are all His and any good we do is only a reflection of Christ working through us, but I am so grateful He chooses to let me take part. I have met the most amazing, yet common people I never knew existed within the faith community or anywhere else.

As most reading this know, I began adjusting my life to focus full time on Servants Unite and part time IT consulting last February. I am not drawing compensation from the organization, but soliciting regular donations to help cover my family's expenses. The complete story is on this blog posting.

Since then, I have been receiving monthly funding from one church and two individuals. This funding with the addition of an amount from another church is covering only 25% of our expenses. I have made some of the other 75% consulting and Melinda has contributed substantially from her part time job, but we have still invested over $25,000 in personal savings to meet our daily needs. With spring break and summer relief work completed and Bucyrus work stabilizing into an ongoing operation, I am focusing more on consulting, but that takes away from the time I can spend on building Servants Unite and organizing or ongoing efforts.

I know what we can accomplish and have a vision of what this organization can be. Every little investment we have made has yielded enormous kingdom dividends. Those of you who know me personally know of the passion I have for getting us there. I am constantly reminded, however, that I can't do it alone. Right now we need a couple dozen people to help expand this ministry and I could really use that other 75% to cover my expenses and begin replenishing my reserves.

Your business helps me as well. I and others I work with through Franklin Computer Services can handle any Information Technology needs that your company or church may have. By utilizing my professional services, you are supporting my ability to focus on building this mission.

It is my prayer and hope that more of you can step forward to fill leadership positions in Servants Unite, help in fundraising, and personally contribute to help me focus even more on this job.

For more information on funding my efforts or helping to grow Servants Unite, please email me.

Thanks for your support.

No comments: